The Over 1,000 Voices survey and Hope and Healing by Design workshops (April to May 2017) highlighted the complex needs of children and young people who are living in residential care. The Hope and Healing Masterclass Series is an important part of the professional development strategy that is being implemented to respond to identified needs and facilitate therapeutic skill development for Queensland residential care workers.
This workshop to be presented by Ian Nussey will cover:
- Understanding sexually problematic and harmful behaviours in children and young people from the research
- Identifying what sexual behaviours should be of concern (and not of concern) in the residential care setting
- Managing problematic and sexually harmful behaviours in the residential setting, the issues and strategies
- How the Hope and Healing Framework and other therapeutic models can assist
- What is the role of the residential care worker and care team in this process
- How to engage families in the process, if appropriate
Click for more details about the:
Or click HERE to access and distribute a print-friendly flyer
How to register
Click HERE to register
Registrations close on Thursday, 26 October or when all available places at a workshop are filled.
A small fee of $35 per participant will be charged as a contribution towards meeting catering costs.
Please note that PeakCare is unable to refund or discount a due payment if written advice of the cancellation of a registration is not emailed to email@example.com at least seven days prior to the event being held