This week more videos of presentations delivered at the ‘Just Ice?’ Symposium co-hosted by PeakCare, the Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak (QATSICPP) and the Queensland Government on 3rd and 4th August were released. They include:
- The role of the Director of Child Protection Litigation presented by Nigel Miller, Director of Child Protection Litigation, Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Act for Kids Brisbane Therapy Programs, presented by Stephanie Jordan, Program Coordinator/ Therapist, Act for Kids.
They now bring the number of videos released so far to eight, including:
- Introduction to the ‘Just Ice?’ Symposium Video Series
- The Queensland response – Action on Ice, presented by Graham Fraine, Deputy Director-General, Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Ice in context – Prevalence of ice in the tertiary child protection system, presented by Merrilyn Strohfeldt, Deputy Director-General, Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- Understanding methamphetamine, presented by Cameron Francis, Social Worker, Dovetail
- The interface between mental health and ice use, presented by Carmel Ybarlucea, Executive Director, Queensland Mental Health Commission
- Domestic and family violence and the impact of ice, presented by Belinda Cox, Brisbane Domestic Violence Service, Micah Projects
There are still more videos to come!