The theme for ANROWS’s 2nd National Research Conference on Violence against Women and their Children is Acting on Evidence.
The Conference program reflects the six national outcomes of The Nation Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010 – 2022. Each session features researchers and policy or practice partners discussing new evidence in these areas and its application. Acting on Evidencewill present the transfer of knowledge to practice in ensuring:
- Communities are safe and free of violence
- Relationships are respectful
- Indigenous communities are strengthened
- Services meet the needs of women and their children experiencing violence
- Justice responses are effective
- Perpetrators stop their violence and are held to account for their actions
The conference is an opportunity for delegates to share their knowledge and advice on policy development and improved service responses.
ANROWS invites researchers and service providers working on current projects addressing issues of domestic and family violence, sexual violence, violence against women or gendered violence to participate in a poster display at the conference.
The aim is to present current research outcomes and emerging developments, focusing on the six National Outcomes of The National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010–2022:
- Communities are safe and free from violence.
- Relationships are respectful.
- Indigenous communities are strengthened.
- Services meet the needs of women and their children experiencing violence.
- Justice responses are effective.
- Perpetrators stop their violence and are held to account for their actions.
If you are interested in participating in this display please contact Lisa Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th April to register your project in the display.
Date: Tuesday, 15th to Thursday, 17th May
Venue: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, NSW