This 3-hour interactive workshop covers essential knowledge for anyone working with children and young people, particularly those covered by mandatory reporting requirements.
- Roles and responsibilities in the prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Legislative roles and responsibilities in relation to reporting child abuse and neglect (i.e. mandatory reporting)
- Organisational/individual responsibility in responding to early indicators of harm and family support needs
- Definitions of child abuse and neglect including recognising harm indicators and child/family risk and protective factors
- How to respond to disclosures of child abuse and neglect
- Prevention strategies and practices.
Who should attend?
- This workshop covers essential knowledge for anyone who has anything to do with children and young people either indirectly or directly.
- Important for all employees and volunteers.
- If you work in early childhood education and care, you may like to attend one of the ECEC workshops however, if the ECEC workshops are already booked out in your area, please attend this workshop instead (it covers much the same content but less specific to ECEC).
**A maximum of 5 people per organisation can register per workshop**
Date: Thursday, 26th October, 9am – 12noon
Venue: Venues are still being confirmed – once registration is complete you will be notified when this is available.
Registrations: Register here!