A one-day course for service providers on practical skills to enhance service provision for clients from refugee backgrounds
Do you want to engage more effectively with people from refugee backgrounds?
This training program gives you practical skills to enhance the services you provide to people from refugee backgrounds within the welfare and services sector.
This program addresses service delivery challenges including:
- Understanding and communicating with clients from diverse refugee backgrounds
- Responding appropriately to needs specific to people from refugee backgrounds
- Helping people from refugee backgrounds regain their independence
Who should attend?
- Anyone whose work brings them into contact with people from refugee backgrounds eg. settlement workers, youth workers, health care and disability professionals, employment, family support and income support service providers, counselling professionals, education professionals, emergency service providers, religious organisations, aged care providers, recreation and community groups
- Professionals responsible for policy or program development
- Professionals and volunteers seeking to enhance their cultural competency when engaging with people from refugee backgrounds
Date: Wednesday, 11th September – 9.30am to 4pm
Venue: Brisbane Multicultural Centre, 28 Dibley Street, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
Cost: Students $200 // General $250 // Contact MDA for a discount code to be used during checkout