Wellways is seeking a full time Program Coordinator. Child Safety for the Mackay office.
The Program Coordinator – Child Safety is responsible for the day to day performance and development of Wellways’ Child Safety business within their part of the region. This includes, managing the quality of Child Safety service delivery, managing the reputation and profile of Wellways service delivery within the Child Safety program; managing the Child Safety budget and managing the Child Safety workforce.
The Program Coordinator – Child Safety works closely and in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including the Regional Manager, Quality and Service Development Team, regional colleagues, and Departmental stakeholders.
The Program Coordinator – Child Safety is directly responsible for the recruitment, induction, development and support of the Child Safety team who deliver Child Safety services, including Support Workers – Child Safety, Senior Child Safety Support Workers, the Child Safety Service Coordinator / Rosterer and the Properties Coordinator. Accordingly, this role must have sound skills in the performance development of staff and a thorough understanding of appropriate systems and processes that support staff in the Child Safety environment.
View the position description for more details.
- Minimum Diploma Qualifications in a relevant discipline, or extensive experience. Completed Hope and Healing training
- Current Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Working with Children’s Check – Blue Card
- Working with people with a disability check – Yellow Card
- Child Safety and Personal History Screening Check (Licensed Care Service)
- Right to work within Australia
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or other relevant field
- Experience & expertise working with young people in out of home care, and programs & people management
- Experience in co-ordinating and leading a team of professionals providing out of home care services
- An ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships including liaison, mediation, negotiation and consultation with various stakeholders including clinical services and other service providers
Wellways is a value-based organisation. Wellways stands for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Raelene Taylor on (07) 4953 0253